Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Days To Live For


Today was an easy day, mostly because my sleep had been unimaginably comfortable and timeless. I stretched my wings wide and started to soar over the endless water. I was already behind in the hunt, but i didn't mind. The stench of raw meat and blood was in the air, almost sickening, but delightful at the same time. I picked out a spot in the rippling water and dove down, as the wind squealed over my ears and burned my eyes, i couldn't stop now, i was starving. The pain in my stomach started to arise just as i gripped my catch hard and felt the warmth of blood on my talons. Warm, juicy meat was between my talons, so i shifted my wings and soared up into the blue abyss. I reached down and took a slice of meat, gulped it down, and again, and again. I felt the energy coming back to me, my eyes opened wider, letting me see more of this exciting world. The taste of warm, thick blood was in my throat as i saw this strange figure ahead of me on my cliff, i took a bite of my prize as a warning that it was mine, and not "it's". Eating fish all day, having the best sleeps every night, i could get used to this.

1 comment: